Monday, November 06, 2006

it look's good two me

Today I had my first day at work. I really enjoyed it. It is the first non ministry job that I have had that I really think I will enjoy. For now I am only part time as the boy I am working with (Austin) is only at school for half days. It may turn into full days soon. Today I spent time with him and some of the other kids in class learning fractions and reading stories. I also get to go out to the playground with Austin but today, as many of you know it is raining alot even for us. The KFC I ate at was leaking right on top of the cashier.

One thing we did today that was kind of interesting for me was DOL. I remember this from when I was in school. But don’t ask me what it stands for. The teacher writes a sentence on the board with all these mistakes. The student’s job is to find the mistakes and write the correct sentence on their paper. I was the worst at this as a kid. I found out today that I am still not that great:) My brain tends to make corrections without telling me. A lot of the time It will make sense but still be wrong. So when one of the kids asked me if his was right I took a quick look and said it looks good to me.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Just Me said...

Hey Tim, That's great. I am glad you are liking the job. Sounds like it was a good first day.

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Jamie Lambert said...

Ya DOL would be Daily Oral Language :) Glad you enjoyed your first day!!

3:23 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

I think it should be ENATWL. Every Now And Then Weiten Language. Cause we didn't do it today and we write it on paper???

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Jamie Lambert said...

haha good one! uhh i don't know do you write it on paper. I remember we did it on paper then talked about it or had students go up to the board and make corrections. Fun times!

3:19 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

I hated DOL too! My brain also fixes the mistakes with out me realizing it.

7:05 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

I dont even know what you are taking about! Lindsay and Leslie are DOL's.

:-)

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home